Monday 18 August 2014

Not quite a complete rest day

As yesterday was my long run day, I got the bonus of a day off training today :-) Not that I particularly want a day off training, I like training, but life's busy and some days it's just calming knowing that I haven't got to fit in a run or a gym session. However, I did sneak in a few laps round the field at work today! Well, it was a lovely day, and the school I was working at have their cross country tomorrow (I'm a relief teacher), so we did a quick 20 minutes practice :-) I know I'm not fast, but I did feel like I was expending quite a bit of effort and clocking up a good pace, until half a dozen 10 year olds charged on passed :-( ! And I couldn't maintain my pace - it was run one, walk a bit, on the pretext of chatting to some of the kids who weren't running! Lots of work to be done methinks, if this 60km trail run is going to be a wonderful achievement rather than a horrendous endurance. Starting with an easy 5km tomorrow morning. Did I say easy? What's easy about getting up before 5 a.m? And no choice of running after work instead - hair appointment at 4.30, so no way am I going to spoil it by having it drip sweat.

On another note, I think I've done pretty well on my low carb Keto diet today. I bought some testing strips at the weekend and was most disappointed to discover that I'm not in ketosis. Although I did eat a fair few kumara chippies on Friday night, so I guess I've only got myself to blame. I'm going to have to be careful with what I eat as I start running longer; I'm pretty full with the high fat food I'm eating at the moment, but I've lost a good couple of kilos in the past week, on top of the two I lost when I first started on this eating regime, and I seriously don't want to look unhealthy. Need to raid Pintrest again for some more low carb snack ideas :-) I'm not missing bread, surprisingly, but it sure is an easy way to get some quick extra calories!

Anyway, this was only supposed to be a quick post, seeing as I didn't do any training today, and I guess it is only short when you read it back, but I seem to have been writing it for a while! I'll need to get quicker or I'll end up giving up - the diary, not the running!


No comments:

Post a Comment